Saturday, November 13, 2010

THANKSGIVING 2010

What a wonderful time of year to reflect on all our blessings. IF we can get Lauren home from the hospital by Thanksgiving what a blessing that will be! But we are thankful for many things as we go into the holiday season. Since I mentioned Lauren we will reflect on our blessings with Jean's family first. As we watch the process that Jean and Jeff have gone thru to find and help solve the problem of Lauren's not eating, we have learned, more than ever, how thankful we are to have the doctors and nurses at Chapel Hill UNC. Their pure love and service to Lauren and to Jean has been a marvelous thing to watch! And on last Friday a week ago, because of a nurse who went the extra mile, she saved Lauren's life!! For that I will be eternally grateful!
My heart is full as I look at Jeff and Jean and their family and watch as they work together to keep sanity in their family as they have gone so long being separated from one another!They truly serve one another in love! Lauren is so brave in all her suffering and so full of courage, I am thankful for her example. I am thankful each Sunday as I watch Michael pass the Sacrament with such love and Emily as she goes to Seminary and studies daily her scriptures, I love her resolve to live the gospel each day and always put the Master first.

I watch as Floyd and Laurel go about doing for all of us! I watch the tender way that Floyd serves his Dad and Dibbie. So much to be thankful for! I am thankful for Katie and the loving and kind young woman she is. Her great desire to save the world reminds me of someone I knew long ago.

I am grateful for Libbi and Pete and the great love they give their family, for Pete and his quiet strength and their willingness to always go the extra mile. I am excited as I learn of Peter and Ellen and how they are continuing to develop such strong testimonies of the gospel, and I am thankful how the Lord continues to send us such marvelous
additions to our family like Ellen, Steven, Rob, Kristin and Brittany. I am thankful for our new addition that will be here in April and I cannot wait to see what wonderful parents that LaNelle and Steven will be. My LaNelle has waited so long and each day I pray all will go well. I am thankful to have Heather so close to us. She and Kyle are wonderful parents ! Andrew and Patti are such fun! and Sarah Beth and Conner are so loving!

Jerry Edwards loves being Granddaddy Edwards and I am so thankful for he and Kim and their family. As I was able to spend a little time with Beth, Rob and their children this summer, it was wonderful to be with them and get to know their little personalities! Chloe is so precious as is her Momma and Daddy, I am thankful they came to visit Jacob and Brittany and I got to spend time with them too! Jakey and Brittany are still honeymooning and we don't see them much, but what joy it gives to know that young love is still alive and well! Will is the best of all of us but I am not forgetting my two baby boys, David who is growing so wise and good looking and my Noah who watches over his family! My cup runneth over and my joy is full and this
Thanksgiving I must give thanks for each of you for I am blest beyond anything I could ever have imagined, and I am grateful to have lived to see another thanksgiving day and I must not close without expressing my thanks to my wonderful
better half, who indeed has a "ticket" for putting up with me all these thanksgivings.
and must I not forget I am thankful for my 2 beautiful readheads and Jakey I know you will give me my third readhead!!!
I love you each one!

2 comments:

Beth & Rob Bailey said...

I love that 3rd red head expectation...he needs a spicy redhead to deal with! How did David make it to the baby list? Just wondering. ;) We can't wait to see you again...hopefully when we visit Jacob/Brittany.

Grandma Ard said...

David is the baby of your Mom's children and therefore is one of my babies just as you are! You were here first and I am grateful for all the wonderful memories I have of you! Katlyn is so much like your Mom, Kim was always falling and spilling things, now i know it was because she could not see!!! I can't wwait to see you!