Wednesday, September 9, 2009

autumn leaves

The smell of fall is in the air! Cool crisp mornings are wonderful and I love them. And with the autumn leaves comes a great time to reflect my many blessings!

Each day I get up is a blessing and as I look around I see the beautiful world that I live in and love I am so thankful for it. (at our age, you do begin to count the days-ha) When I see all the "tea parties and town hall meetings" I know how blest I am to live in a country where people can speak their mind and voice their views and I am thankful for this! I am thankful for an eternal companion who allows me to be me! He gos about quietly doing things that make my life easier and always is happy when I am! He asks very little in this life, a piece of Kim's pound cake, or Jean's chocolate chip cookies, or Libb's lasagna and he's good to go! I see my blessings when I go down my hall and see my picture of my family, my wonderful children, grand and greats!! What great joy this brings me as I pray for their safety each day! I think of them early in the morning, going to work, school, or seminary and think how blest I am for such a wonderful family. I count my blessings when I go to the cemetary to carry flowers for Noah and think of the joy he brouught to all of us in a such a short time, and to know that I will see him again! I am blest to be able to get up and go to work 2 days a week! I am thankful that my mind is still fairly sharp(no comments please) and I still love to read the scriptures and enjoy reading a good book, what great blessings I have and as I watch the leaves begin to fall, I think of them all!!

I love you all!

5 comments:

kim e said...

I like to think of my blessing too. You are one of mine. Thanks for cheering me up this week! (You need a nice fall background on your blog to show all those leaves that you love.)

Libbi said...

Thanks for sharing that...we all have wonderful blessings in our lives and the Gospel is the Greatest. Thanks for sharing that with us, too! I love you!

Beth & Rob Bailey said...

we love you too - I love FALL! It's my favorite season - I always have such excitement for the change it brings (and for the 3rd time to be expecting a big small change in just 10 weeks)...are you going to come visit sometime this fall? I hope so. We miss seeing y'all.

Jean said...

Oh Momma...you are definitely one of the biggest blessings in my life...we have so many! I love all of my family! I will put a fall background on for you...hehe!

Beth & Rob Bailey said...

I love the picture at the top and the new layout.