Friday, October 23, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LIBBI!!!

49 Years ago on an early Monday morning in Manning, SC in the delivery room, Dr. Kellar looked at his nurse Mary Nell and said "this baby is stubborn," this baby started 1 hour and 45 minutes ago, a very short labor and now she won't come, this must be a determined child! Then as if on cue, Libbi came out and greeted the world! She came out yelling and has been talking ever since! What a wonderful day for our family! She was our first little girl, did I say little? She weighed over 9 lbs and was just beautiful! she was the only girl in the nursery and even then she knew that she would make her place in this world and she has!

Throughout your life, Libbi, you have made a difference in everything you have tackled! and you have excelled in all! Do I sound like a proud(grateful is a better word) Mom? Well I am so proud of the many wonderful things you have accomplished in your field of nursing, but I am more proud of your compassion for those you serve, the world is a better because you serve the sick!

I am grateful for your choice in a husband, one of my wise men, and I am so happy you chose to have a family and choose to serve the Lord in your decisions in your life! I am thankful you came to me! I love you, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!












5 comments:

Jean said...

Love all the pictures of Libbi and she is indeed a blessing to our family...she has served us all at one time or another! I love you, Libbi, and Happy Happy Birthday!!!

Libbi said...

thanks Mama (you do know my birthday is tomorrow, right??)

Grandma Ard said...

yes smart alec, I was there but I had to get Jean to help me with the pictures!

kim e said...

Love the photos. Yes, we can depend on Libbi. Wow, she is getting close to the big bday!
Nice to know you we just get better with age.

LaNelle said...

I forgot my mom was so old! haha...49...that sound OLD! I love the pictures! Sarah Beth really does look a lot like my mom.

But you forgot to say the best thing that my mom has done...bring ME into the world! hahaha!

Miss you Grandma!