Monday, March 16, 2009

New Beginnings

Kim just called me and told me that Kristin is in the hospital and they will bring Chloe into the world tomorrow! It only seems like yesterday that I was flying in from Chicago to see Jared! (I only have to look in the mirror to see that it wasn't yesterday!ha!) . Jared and Kristin's life will forever be altered once they hold that sweet little angel. What a wonderful new beginning for their home!
And you know I have the deepest love for that little girl, even before she gets here! I remember when my grandparents oldest grandson (Lil Marvin Kees ) first brought his wife and baby to see Mama and Daddy Kees, they ran to the car and just grabbed that little one and loved her and held her and went crazy over her-I was about 10 and could not for the life of me understand why they would love a 6 month old baby so much that they did not even know-for they had not seen Lil Marvin in about 5 years! But today I know and have a full understanding of that wonderful love that burns within me just as it does Kim and Jerry to lay eyes on that precious baby! I am so grateful that families are forever!

I am so glad that Peter is getting along good from his surgery! And it looks like a romance is beginning for he and Ellen! I have met Ellen and think that she is a lovely girl and I look forward to seeing her again soon. Peter is having a new beginning in his life! I believe he is twitterpatted!!

Now in case you have forgotton, the 9th of April will be a new beginning for Floyd! He will begin his second half century on this earth! Floyd, it will be wonderful! You don't look a day over 49! You are embarking on a wonderful time in your life! It does not seem like 50 years ago that they laid that big old boy in my arms! What joy you brought into our life!

Spring is almost here, and I am beginning a new garden and i pray it will produce! How I love to put my hands in the earth and plant anything for I know each spring as I do plant something it is a new beginning and new beginnings are wonderful! They renew your faith in life and you feel that much closer to the Saviour as you watch the miracle of birth-even if it is only a seed come to life!

I am thankful for seasons, for new beginnings and for wonderful children, grandchildren and great grandchildren, each one is so important! I love you all!

4 comments:

Jean said...

What an exciting time in this our family's life! Now Chloe is here and we are all anxious to get a first look at her...I think it is funny that Floyd will be a half century and Peter is definitely "in love"! It will be a good year! I hope my garden is successful this year too...it will be if we get our butts out there and weed...ooh, I love weeding...!

kim e said...

Oh this time of year has so many great things to be happy about. Can't wait for you to see Chloe. I am so excited to get to go and spend a week with her and Jared and Kristen.
I will be cheering that your garden will be a success!

Libbi said...

Chloe is absolutely precious!! I felt so sad to see her in the hospital last night but she will get well quickly..Jared and Kristen are so sweet with her...and I sure hope Peter and Ellen stay together...she is adorable and makes Peter so happy! I think you forgot one new beginning...YOU will star your 8th decade on this earth when you turn 70 this MONTH on the 30th....Happy Birthday Mama

Katie Bug said...

Hey Gramma,
I've been missing you down here in South America... they need you here to teach them a lesson on behavior hahah. No, I'm kidding.. I like it here a lot! It's a little to fast for me (in all areas) but I'm getting used to it. I keep updating my blog especially for you! Everyone else has facebook and can see my pictures there, but I put them up on here for you and gramps.. I hope you are liking them! This has been quite an experience... and I really am enjoying it! I love you... tell gramps I love him too!