Tuesday, March 31, 2009

My cup runneth over-from the richest granny I know!

What a wonderful 70th birthday I have had. It started on friday when I recieved the wonderful booklet with all of your sayings about this ole granny that Kim had put togather! And a gift to cracker barrel! yum! I cried the whole day as I read and reread the things you said and then I went down memory lane and could see each of you as little children and all the fun I had watching you grow up; then Floyd and Laurel came on Saturday and took us to Mimi's cafe and I had Sole, my very favorite fish! And wonderful presents too! And balloons! And we spent the afternoon with Jean's kids watching U.Floyd and A.Laurel do the WEI! What fun!!

Then yesterday i had phone calls all day from so many of you. I heard from LaNelle in Utah, My sister Debbe in Ms. and Beth in SC and then Jean, Kim and Libbi all called. Then we went to Jean's for supper and received service and a wonderful birthday letter and ate steak and Gramps got me a fruit boquet instead of a cake(it was great) I got an original painting from Lauren and dirt from Emily-yes I requested soil for my container garden and I am so proud! I got phone calls from Pete and Jerry too!(along with Jeff they are the greatest sons in law in the world!)! Katie called from Argentina(I guess I had an international day!)What a thrill and on Saturday we got to see her when we talked to her on the skype! Can you believe it! After I got home last night I was seranaded in spanish by Will and Jakey! Then i went to my email and there was the sweetest beautiful quartet that sang Happy birthday to me; They were all dressed up in their Sunday best I cried as I watched those happy little faces, I wanted to reach out and hug them! And last but not least my David called and saved the best til last he said!

I want each of you to know that i will always treasure this birthday, for seeing your faces and hearing your voices and reading your thoughts made me the richest mother and grandma that I know! Thank you for the gifts I love each one but most of all thank you for sharing your time, it was my best birthday ever and it is not over yet, Libbi and the twins are coming tomorrow! It just goes on, who ever said that getting old is not fun does not have my wonderful family! I love you each one!!

2 comments:

Jean said...

I am so glad that you had a wonderful birthday..you deserve it for you are the greatest mother in the world. I know my life is richly blessed because I was born to you. I think you are just getting better and better with age!:) (And with all these bd celebrations, I know now why I like to celebrate my bd for a whole week..hahahaha!)

kim e said...

I am so glad it turned out beautiful!