Wednesday, July 30, 2008

It's a Wonderful Life

What a wonderful life we have. This week I have heard and seen quite a few of my
grandbabies. They all are so precious to us. If I were ask what one thing in your
life do you cherish most? Besides the gospel of Jesus Christ, It would have to be my wonderful family. This week facing major surgery for the first time in my life would have been so much harder without my family's support! My sweet Gramps has been so kind and of course my kids are great, and the grandkids really are grand. And they call them great grandchildren because they are the greatest of all! How blest I am to have such a big family. It is so wonderful to watch your children become grandparents. Heavenly Father knew what we would need most in our lives, especially as we grow older, it does not matter where you live, or how much money
you have, but if you have grandchildren that love you, you are rich.

Another thing I cherish are my wonderful friends, friends are those who love you when
you are at your worst. I am also lucky to have a boss who is our dear friend.

Now having said that, I will share a quick story! I had the wonderful pleasure of
living with my grandparents in the summer!(aand weekends in the winter) My grandparents were getting on in years and so from time to time, one of their 6 kids would send them money, almost always Mama Kees would open the envelope with the money and sit for a minute and get up and address another envelope to which ever other child that was having a hard time and put the money in the envelope and send it on. Did she and Daddy Kees need the money, yes, but she wanted the greater blessing, and the money was a means to helping someone else. Did she ever sit down and teach me to be "giving" no, I saw it in the way she lived each day. And my Daddy Kees would grow the biggest garden in Lincoln County Mississippi and give away more produce than anyone else. What a wonderful Life!

My quote for the week: "Treat a man as if he were the Savior, and he will become like Him"

4 comments:

Libbi said...

I loved that story! You have done that too! I am so very glad we have a family that is always there for us and that none of us are selfish...or care a whole lot about possessions! We have a rich heritage of unselfish progenitors!

Jean said...

Thanks for sharing your story. It is how you live your life...like your always giving away "extra" money as you call it to your kids or anyone else for that matter that needs it. You truly understand the Lord's command to serve one another...and now we get the great pleasure of serving you! I love you, Jean

kim e said...

I think Mama Kees looks down and smiles when she sees you so so many things that she did. I too love the story. You probably could have some extra money yourself if you would publish a little book called "Grandma's little stories!"

Libbi said...

OKAY, you have had plenty of time to recover enough to blog again...we are losing out on weekly uplifting quotes and it is your fault...c'mon GRANDMA...UPDATE, please!!!!